Thoughts (deeply) modified by
- Geary, J. I Is an Other.
- Hofstadter, D. R. Godel, Escher, Bach.
- Abbott, E. A. Flatland.
Thoughts (recently) modified by
- Miaojin, Q. Last Words from Montmartre.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. The Adolescent.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. Demons.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. The Eternal Husband.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. The House of the Dead.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. The Double.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. Poor Folk.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. The Gambler.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. The Idiot.
- Dostoevsky, F. M. Crime and Punishment.
Thoughts (being) modified by
- Camus, A. The Myth of Sisyphus.
- Dumas, A., fils. The Lady of the Camellias.
Independent output (delayed publishment):
Undergraduate output (a jagged sampling of):
- a derivation of the heat equation (pdf)
- the secant method and fixed-point iteration (pdf)
- a collocation method using chebyshev interpolation (pdf)
- the "resource curse" (natural resource economics) (pdf)
- evolutionary computation in economics and finance (pdf)
- cheong social ventures: proposal for a community technology center in baltimore, m.d. (pdf)
- computational methods and optimizations on the cox-ross-rubenstein options pricing model (pdf)
- elementary proofs:
- proving that the product of two integers is an integer (pdf)
- proving that a non-zero element of a field has at most one multiplicative inverse (pdf)
- proving that an infinite sequence in the reals can have at most one limit in the reals (pdf)
- proving that if two real-valued functions are continuous at a point then so is their product (pdf)
- proving that the common notion of "distance" is indeed a metric (pdf), then a generalization (pdf)
- proving that a subset of a metric is closed iff the limit of every sequence in that subset is itself in the subset (pdf)
- proving that the boundary points of a non-empty subset of a metric space is a closed subset of that metric space (pdf)
- 2015 Feb 19 - updated reading list, preoccupations
- 2014 Dec 20 - updated reading list, preoccupations
- 2014 Oct 15 - updated reading list, preoccupations
- 2014 May 04 - updated reading list, preoccupations, resume (minor)
- 2014 Mar 17 - updated reading list, reordered updates (most-recent-at-top)
- 2014 Feb 09 - updated reading list, shortened reading list
- 2013 Dec 18 - updated reading list, shortened reading list
- 2013 Sep 18 - updated reading list
- 2013 Aug 26 - updated reading list
- 2013 Aug 05 - updated reading list, preoccupations
- 2013 Jun 13 - updated cv, reading list, preoccupations
- 2012 Dec 10 - updated reading list; added cv, undergraduate output
- 2012 Nov 15 - started blog
- 2012 Oct 30 - added reading lists, preoccupations, skills
- 2012 Sep 21 - created page to serve as motivational stub
2013 Aug 26 - Scribblings.
2011 Nov 18
2011 Aug 10 - I metawrite for the utility of metawriting.
I write for the utility of writing. These are, broadly, (i.) the utility of the present, and (ii.) the utility of the future. These are, refined, (i.a.) the utility of transcribing thoughts and feelings which in large numbers become too cumbersome to persist in my mind, like the utility of paging memory (in computing), (i.b.) the utility of satisfying my ego with words that satisfy my sense of aesthetics, and (ii.a.) the utility of recollecting forgotten reas and ideas, i.e. memories of things that happened, and memories of things that unhappened. I write for the utility of writing.